Richland Library Company
May 1788: twenty-four residents in the northern part of Bucks County met to establish a library in Richland Township. The group formulated Proposals for Establishing a Library in the Township of Richland, Bucks County to be named the Richland Library. On May 2, 1795 the members resolved that “a committee be appointed to Draw a plan of a Law for Incorporating the Library Company." This was accomplished by December 1795, when the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania granted a charter to the Richland Library Company. Since 1911 the Richland Library Company has had a permanent home at 44 South Main Street in Quakertown. From 1788 until the 1970s, the Richland Library Company functioned as a general library. Since 1993, we have focused on preserving items of genealogical and local interest.
The Richland Library Company has many resources related to local history, which include:
- County Histories
- Local Histories
- Local Church Records & Histories
- Cemetery Records
- Tombstone Transcriptions
- Deed Collection
- Town Directories
Copyright © 2013-23 Richland Library Company. All rights reserved. Copy and or distribution in any part is strictly prohibited.