Richland Library Company possesses a large collection of vintage photographs and images pertaining to Upper Bucks County.  Below are some photographs and images of the library from our archive.

    In September, 1911 the Richland Library Company moved to 44 South Main Street, Quakertown. The following year the directors commissioned photographs to be taken of the exterior and interior of the building.  The exterior of the library has changed little during the last century.

    The Richland Library Literary Society was an auxiliary organization that supported the library by raising funds through public lectures, debates, and entertainment.

    In the 1870s, the librarian was empowered to issue "reading stock" to local patrons, who were required to pay ten cents per quarter for borrowing privileges.

    Freda Haring was librarian when the library moved to its new home. She posed in the front reading room with ten-year-old Daniel Strawn.  The interior of the library has been completely renovated with new shelving and refinished floors that remain faithful to the original interior of the building. 

    The "entertainment" evening of September 18, 1889 included a zither duet, vocal pieces, a comical skit, and a tableau of a Japanese wedding!